General organisation of the software
Cocon-BIM carries out environmental quality studies of buildings based on their digital model (BIM) and offers the following functionalities :
- Simultaneous handling of multiple buildings (e.g. a whole urban block or district).
- Comparison of building variants.
- Management of new builds or refurbishment operations.
- Comparison of building materials from a thermal and environmental viewpoint.
- Creation, study, and comparison of building elements (walls, structural elements, etc.).
Example of an overall view of the environmental impacts of several variants of a building.
The main software interface consists of four parts:
- a menu bar
- a tree structure to control the elements of open projects
- a window for managing building elements (walls, partitions, floors, columns, beams, etc.)
- a 3D display of the open objects
- a results display area giving the following information:
- progress on the entry of the project
- display and management of variants
- environmental impacts
- volume and weight of resources mobilised
- compliance with the bio-sourced building label
- metrics listing the materials used for each variant
- content of the data in IFC format
Example of a summary of the content of biosourced material of several variants of a building.