Import metrics (excel or RT 2012 format)
Cocon allows you to :
- import metrics and automatically build a 2D digital model which can then exploit (not in 3D mode) all the functions of the software.
- if needed, add 2D metrics to a 3D model.
Go to File => Import... to display a window to select the type of data to be imported.
A/ Extracting a metric from a file in Excel format (.xlx or .xlxm)
1. Select the Excel workbook to import (example here).
2. Select a worksheet in the workbook containing the data to be imported.
3. Set up the data import parameters :
a. The column names must be in the first row of the selected sheet.
b. The metrics must then be described line by line with the following information in the columns :
- IFC object type (mandatory), observing upper and lower case :
- IfcBuilding for a building
- IfcBuildingStorey for a storey
- IfcWall for a wall,
- IfcBeam for a beam,
- IfcRoof for a roof,
- IfcSlab for a floor slab,
- IfcWindow for a window, etc.
- Unit (mandatory except for buildings and floors) with :
- m for lengths,
- m2 for areas,
- m3 for volumes.
- Quantity (mandatory) : generally a positive number
- Building identifier (optional) string format
- Level identifier in the building (optional) - string format
- Object name (recommended)
- Unique object identifier (optional).
4. Start processing.
5. A 2D digital model is created in Cocon-bim.
6. To finish the operation and display the result, save, close and, then re-open the file that has been created in IFC format.
B/ Extracting a metric from an RSET file (Standardised Summary of Thermal Study).
Select the RT2012 thermal study (RSET file in XML format) to be imported.
The 2D digital model is automatically created from the thermal study data.