Software menu bar
The COCON-BIM menu bar provides access to the software’s main features.
File menu :
- Open: Open a project by selecting an IFC file in the window. COCON-BIM handles all current formats (Ifc2X3 and Ifc4).
- Add: Add one or more buildings to the current context. This can be used to study several buildings within a neighbourhood.
- Save: Save the current project in IFC format.
- Save as: Save the current project (in IFC format) in your specified location.
- Close: Close the current project.
- Open recent: To re-open recently opened files.
- Add Recently: To add recently opened files to the current context.
- Import: Allows you to import:
- FDES generated by configurators such as :
- BETie from the SNBPE tool, for calculating the environmental impacts of concrete.
- DE bois published by FCBA on behalf of CODIFAB which characterises the environmental performance of wood-based construction products.
- SAVE construction which generates customised environmental profiles of steel products.
- descriptions of materials in XML format produced by another COCON user.
- building elements in XML format produced by another COCON user.
- regulatory thermal studies (RT2012) in XML format (RSET Standardised Thermal Study Result).
- bills of quantities
- in Excel format
- automatically extracted from regulatory thermal studies in XML format.
- Export allows you to export building elementsin XML format.
- Materials library: Opens the construction materials management menu.
- Equipment library
- Services library
- Building elements library: Opens the building elements management window.
- Product comparator library for building materials and elements.
- Replace an association propagates an association to all items of a variant, in three clicks.
- New variant creates a new empty variant or duplicates an existing one.
- Product comparator: opens the product comparator.
- Component comparator: opens the component comparator.
Labels & certifications menu
- E+C- label gives access to all the operations required to obtain the carbon energy label.
- Bio-based building label enables the content of bio-based materials in buildings to be calculated as per the Decree of 19 December 2012, relating to the content and conditions for the award of the "bio-based building" label.